|Wild Life, Mythical Creatures and |
Pets folder - All images belong to dA members and are their own property. Not one is taken or drawn by me, nor the pets mine. I will be showing these folders in this order:
Pets - January, April, July and October /
Mythical Creatures - February, May, August and November /
Wild Life - March, June, September and December/
Hope you will not lose sleep if you didn't understand this
Update of an Update !
- I wish I could have something nice to share, instead I have a sort of "terror" tale after installing Windows 10
- What I am telling/sharing with you here might have been caused by some bad installation of some of my "stuff" in my PC. Still it was very "eecky".
- I know that Alex, my eldest daughter, installed it in 4 different PCs without so far any inconvenient or problem
- So, here it is:
- Better start narrating the last horror experience with the oh so fabulous and "intuitive" new jewel by Microsoft. i.e. Windows 10 !
Really I was intrigued when Alex mentioned that it was free and "no strings attached", so with the help of a good friend from where I worked before retiring, I managed to download the installer for that "goody".
It did work flawlessly (the installation that is) but I found some "minor" glitches, like:
- 1.- It offered only two possible screen configurations or resolutions 400 x (I don't remember the other number) and 1024 x 768 which of course since my monitor resolution is 1366 x 768 everything looked "streeeetched" and really awful.
Those who know me are well aware that my PC is practically my true "windows" to the world, and that includes watching movies and working with graphics.
So imagine how I felt !
- 2.- It would not acknowledge my graphics chipset Nvidia GeForce !! so forget about calibrating anything like colour, contrast and etc.
- 3.- My favourite movies/videos looked awful, dark and with zillion artifacts. I use VLC for videos and movies. As I said above I had no possibility of fixing those problems.
- 4.- The main object of this free option --in my opinion-- is so MS (and God knows who or what other organizations) will know what's going on in the greatest percentage of PCs ALL OVER THE WORLD ! I almost fell off of my chair when among the explanations during set up it mentions that I could decide what type of ads I would receive in my PC IN MY OPERATING SYSTEM !!!
- It also explains how important it is that I should select to send information about some of my activity while on line or on my PC "to improve the Windows experience" (of course).
- 5.- At one still horrible moment I was not able to start working without entering the Pasword I use for my MS account !! I have so many different PW for so many sites and important places like dA, MS, Windows etc. that I have a special sheet in a special place IN MY PC, which of course I can't access without entering it !
Finally after almost smashing the PC chassis or the poor monitor against the wall, I tried the different variations I use as PW and finally got the one that worked !
- OK so the good news is that thank God the revert to Windows 7 (the OS I used before that dreadful trip to Windows 10) was truly very smooth and didn't take more than 30 to 45 minutes.
You can't imagine my relief when I saw the well known start screen of Windows 7 PRO back PHEW !!!
- The only problem now is that for some obscure reason the WMP can't find any of the links to my extensive Music Libraries nor most of the playing lists I've built through the years
- As usual Many Many thanks to all for the continued support and encouraging comments, and please forgive the chronic late responses.
- This will be all for now.
- Love to all and lots of s hugs
Odds and Ends